I have been asked numerous times to share my ‘famous’ spaghetti bolognese recipe, so here it is! This recipe is simple, quick and full of flavour and best of all, the kids absolutely LOVE it!! Lets be honest, as mothers we dont have endless hours to prepare and cook a fancy meal and alot of us have fussy children that look at vegetables like they are poison. Our Best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Can be made any day of the week and any leftovers can be frozen.
With my latest spag bol (pictured) i had a heap of leftover vegetables that were not eaten over Christmas, they had to be used up so i ended up getting over 20 veggies in the sauce! It tasted amazing!
Can be made with organic or non organic ingredients.
Cooking Time – Approx 30-40mins.
500g Mince (I use 5 star beef mince)
Bulk Veggies (As Many as you want! Some of the vegetables i use are – Carrot, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, capsicum, mushrooms, zucchini, kale, potato, sweet potato, brocolini, cabbage, peas, beans, corn, eggplant, pumpkin, squash, turnip, parsnip, brussel sprouts.)
1 Medium Onion
2tbs Crushed Garlic
2tbs Tomato Paste
1 400g Tin of Crushed Tomatos
Pinch of Herbs (I use dried oregano and cumin)
1/4 Cup Tomato Sauce
1 Cup Boiling Water
1 Beef Stock Cube
- Peel and cut vegetables into cubes – Use as many as you want! I promise the kids won’t know they are in there and the more you put in, the better it tastes.
- Blitz vegetables (including onion & garlic) until finely chopped – I use my Ninja for this, but you could also use a thermomix, food processor or even a nutribullet could work.
- Heat a dash of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook blitzed vegetables, stirring, for 5-10 minutes or until softened.
- Add mince. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add Tomato Paste, Tinned Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Herbs and Stock cube dissolved in cup of boiling water. Stir well, cover with lid and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- When sauce is finished it will be thick, fluffy and smell divine! Serve over pasta and add some Parmesan on top.
Enjoy and feel free to share!! Let us know in the comments below if you have tried our recipe!
Have a read of our Collab with Nina Montgomery, Author of Starting a Business with No Idea.
Read more about our GIVING BACK program.