One of the happiest events in life is getting to meet your newborn child, and if that’s happening for you anytime soon – congratulations! You’re about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime that will at times be crazy, at times stressful, but most of the time filled with love you never knew existed. New mamas are usually stressing out about all the steps that are scheduled in your new life and things you don’t know anything about, such as how to tell what your baby is feeling, how to choose appropriate baby food and baby clothes, and how on Earth anyone manages poor night’s sleep and stays sane.
At Aster & Oak, We love Organic! This blog series posts cover a wide range of topics and some great articles written by us and some amazing organic friends.
From organic baby clothing to eating seasonal produce, we cover it in our blog series. With some special guest posts from our friends in organic business to experts in health and wellness.
Organic wellness is a huge part of how we live. Buying organic not only makes a difference to the world we live in, but is also better for your children’s bodies and skin. Organic products do not contain any chemicals or nasty odors and are 100% safe for your child. Our products are certified and we proudly display our ethically standards and fair trade certifications.
Welcome to our new blog series; Meet The Mumma! Today I’m excited to share an interview with a fellow Australian creative: Sian – the brains and hands behind Bubble & Bee. A woman of many talents, Sian works with a local artist to create her gorgeous baby play mats. Stay tuned for the bottom of this post where you could WIN a baby bundle worth $200 including one of Sian’s Play Mats!
- Thanks for chatting with us today, can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your family? My name is Sian. I’m from Adelaide and I am the owner and creator of Bubble and Bee. I am married with two beautiful, cheeky boys aged 2 and 5 years old.
- What do you create and what makes it unique? I have created a range of baby play mats that are huge in size and vibrant and colourful. They have a unique design feature which is removable soft edges to prevent a wriggly baby rolling straight off. I worked with a local Adelaide artist to create a range of gorgeous images.
- Is your product entirely handmade? No, I had my product manufactured.
- You have several different illustrations on your mats. Where do you get inspiration for the designs from? My artist was fantastic! I had some ideas in my head of what themes I wanted to create and the look of the animals and colours I wanted and she went off and created. I wanted images that were different from anything already on the market. I wanted cute, colourful, vibrant and engaging. They were perfect, just as I had imagined in my head.
- How would you like to see your business grow in the future? I want to see my play mats in more Australian homes. I love receiving photos from my customers with their beautiful babies posing on their new play mat and hearing amazing feedback about how fantastic the soft foam edges are for parents piece of mind.
- If you had $20k to spend on one area of your business, what would it be? Marketing! It is a hard industry to break into with so many amazing brands with huge amounts of marketing dollars!
- What do you struggle with most in your business? Getting my brand out there. As a start up I have a limited budget which makes it hard to be consistent with my advertising.
- How do you see your business growing in the next few years? Would you like to expand? If so, how? I would absolutely love to see my business grow in the future. Being able to spend more time on my business and less time working for someone else does sound amazing!
- Thanks again Sian, Any last words you would like to share with our readers? Thanks for your time and support in growing my new brand.
Want to WIN a Bubble and Bee Play Mat and Aster & Oak Clothing Bundle valued at $200?
HOW TO ENTER: Make sure you are following us on Social Media (we will be checking) and comment below why you would love to win this baby bundle! For extra entries, you can share and tag your friends on Facebook too. That’s it!
Bubble and Bee® baby play mats are designed and created by an Adelaide mum. These beautiful children’s play mats create a safe, stimulating space for babies to giggle, play, roll and explore. Stunning artistic pieces designed for children with rich colours and happy details that also make a beautiful addition to any home. Soft foam edges velcro into place around the edge of the washable fabric mat to create a frame for the stunning artistic design. Plus, they encourage your little roller to stay close to the friendly bunnies, ants, snakes, spiders, and snails! Find out more here – https://www.bubbleandbee.com.au
Having children is one of the most amazing feelings in the world, but having kids and raising them are two completely different things. It all starts when they’re babies and you have a strong motherly instinct to protect them at every turn, but also not be too invasive of their surroundings and keep them in a bubble. Creating a safe and serene playroom for your child is a great way to start putting that motherly instinct to work and creating a space that is the most joyful place in the world for them.
The younger your child is, the more time they spend sleeping. Newborns can sleep up to 18 and infants about 15 hours a day, and since sleep is crucial for your baby’s mental and physical development, you should do your best to make the space where your baby sleeps or naps comfortable and healthy. Here are some tips on how to achieve this.
Want Tips and Trends for a Stylish Nursery? With all the different trends in nursery designs, many new parents struggle to reach a decision concerning the trends to include in their baby’s new nursery. Having a new baby in your life can be stressful, but you still need to prepare for the most beautiful and challenging part of your life and create the most amazing and warm nursery which will provide you and your newborn with everything you’ll need. That is why opting for a soothing and peaceful sanctuary will lead you to precious moments and memories you’ll want to cherish for the rest of your life. If you’re clueless and in search of some inspiration, here are a few helpful tips on how to turn a nursery into a design from heaven.
Babies usually start crawling soon after turning eight months – but sometimes even sooner! – so you need to be prepared in advance because you never know when your little one is going to decide it’s time to start investigating the surroundings. Many parents think their children will never put their fingers in electrical outlets or start climbing the furniture, but you’d be surprised how much they truly like touching and climbing everything they see. This is why you need to start baby-proofing the nursery before your youngster starts exploring it.
Having a baby is easily one of the most profound changing moments of your life — and raising one is probably one of the most stressful. How do you know what foods to choose, what sheets work the best, or which detergent you should be using to wash your little one’s clothes?
Baby food is almost as varied and flavorful as adult food now — anything that can be pureed can be put in a jar and called baby food. Once our little one has reached the food stage at around six months, it’s time to make a decision. Should you buy your baby food or make it at home? We’ve assembled the pros and cons of each option to help make the choice between Bought vs Homemade Baby Food a bit easier for you.
Learning you’re pregnant is one of the most wonderful moments of your life and sharing the news with your partner means spreading positive and empowering energy between expecting parents. This also means some things are going to change in your life as you’ll have to become a much more responsible individual. Babies require lots of care and you basically need to create an entire new micro-system for them inside your own home. Designing and building a nursery is an important task that has to be done well, sensibly and in accordance with certain rules. If you too want your child to start its life in a natural, organic and non-toxic space, here is our ultimate Eco friendly nursery guide.