Welcome to our new blog series; Meet The Mumma! Today I’m excited to share an interview with a fellow Australian creative: Sian – the brains and hands behind Bubble & Bee. A woman of many talents, Sian works with a local artist to create her gorgeous baby play mats. Stay tuned for the bottom of this post where you could WIN a baby bundle worth $200 including one of Sian’s Play Mats!
- Thanks for chatting with us today, can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your family? My name is Sian. I’m from Adelaide and I am the owner and creator of Bubble and Bee. I am married with two beautiful, cheeky boys aged 2 and 5 years old.
- What do you create and what makes it unique? I have created a range of baby play mats that are huge in size and vibrant and colourful. They have a unique design feature which is removable soft edges to prevent a wriggly baby rolling straight off. I worked with a local Adelaide artist to create a range of gorgeous images.
- Is your product entirely handmade? No, I had my product manufactured.
- You have several different illustrations on your mats. Where do you get inspiration for the designs from? My artist was fantastic! I had some ideas in my head of what themes I wanted to create and the look of the animals and colours I wanted and she went off and created. I wanted images that were different from anything already on the market. I wanted cute, colourful, vibrant and engaging. They were perfect, just as I had imagined in my head.
- How would you like to see your business grow in the future? I want to see my play mats in more Australian homes. I love receiving photos from my customers with their beautiful babies posing on their new play mat and hearing amazing feedback about how fantastic the soft foam edges are for parents piece of mind.
- If you had $20k to spend on one area of your business, what would it be? Marketing! It is a hard industry to break into with so many amazing brands with huge amounts of marketing dollars!
- What do you struggle with most in your business? Getting my brand out there. As a start up I have a limited budget which makes it hard to be consistent with my advertising.
- How do you see your business growing in the next few years? Would you like to expand? If so, how? I would absolutely love to see my business grow in the future. Being able to spend more time on my business and less time working for someone else does sound amazing!
- Thanks again Sian, Any last words you would like to share with our readers? Thanks for your time and support in growing my new brand.
Want to WIN a Bubble and Bee Play Mat and Aster & Oak Clothing Bundle valued at $200?
HOW TO ENTER: Make sure you are following us on Social Media (we will be checking) and comment below why you would love to win this baby bundle! For extra entries, you can share and tag your friends on Facebook too. That’s it!
Bubble and Bee® baby play mats are designed and created by an Adelaide mum. These beautiful children’s play mats create a safe, stimulating space for babies to giggle, play, roll and explore. Stunning artistic pieces designed for children with rich colours and happy details that also make a beautiful addition to any home. Soft foam edges velcro into place around the edge of the washable fabric mat to create a frame for the stunning artistic design. Plus, they encourage your little roller to stay close to the friendly bunnies, ants, snakes, spiders, and snails! Find out more here – https://www.bubbleandbee.com.au