One of the happiest events in life is getting to meet your newborn child, and if that’s happening for you anytime soon – congratulations! You’re about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime that will at times be crazy, at times stressful, but most of the time filled with love you never knew existed. New mamas are usually stressing out about all the steps that are scheduled in your new life and things you don’t know anything about, such as how to tell what your baby is feeling, how to choose appropriate baby food and baby clothes, and how on Earth anyone manages poor night’s sleep and stays sane.
Aster & Oak – Organic Babywear Latest News
Keep up to date with the latest news from the Aster & Oak desk (or lounge room office as we like to call it! haha) – Whats new here at Aster & Oak 100% certified organic cotton babywear. What are we doing in the office? Find out more about Aster & Oak organic cotton baby clothing online. Australian owned and operated baby business. Baby label and brand name designer baby clothing.
Aster & Oak has been super busy of late launching their new range of baby clothing. Australian made and 100% organic, Aster & Oak already have over 10,000 fans on Facebook & Instagram alone! With a new collection coming this January ripe with woodland animals goodness, there is nothing to loose. You need to check these guys out!
Welcome to our new blog series; Meet The Mumma! Today I’m excited to share an interview with a fellow Australian creative: Sian – the brains and hands behind Bubble & Bee. A woman of many talents, Sian works with a local artist to create her gorgeous baby play mats. Stay tuned for the bottom of this post where you could WIN a baby bundle worth $200 including one of Sian’s Play Mats!
- Thanks for chatting with us today, can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your family? My name is Sian. I’m from Adelaide and I am the owner and creator of Bubble and Bee. I am married with two beautiful, cheeky boys aged 2 and 5 years old.
- What do you create and what makes it unique? I have created a range of baby play mats that are huge in size and vibrant and colourful. They have a unique design feature which is removable soft edges to prevent a wriggly baby rolling straight off. I worked with a local Adelaide artist to create a range of gorgeous images.
- Is your product entirely handmade? No, I had my product manufactured.
- You have several different illustrations on your mats. Where do you get inspiration for the designs from? My artist was fantastic! I had some ideas in my head of what themes I wanted to create and the look of the animals and colours I wanted and she went off and created. I wanted images that were different from anything already on the market. I wanted cute, colourful, vibrant and engaging. They were perfect, just as I had imagined in my head.
- How would you like to see your business grow in the future? I want to see my play mats in more Australian homes. I love receiving photos from my customers with their beautiful babies posing on their new play mat and hearing amazing feedback about how fantastic the soft foam edges are for parents piece of mind.
- If you had $20k to spend on one area of your business, what would it be? Marketing! It is a hard industry to break into with so many amazing brands with huge amounts of marketing dollars!
- What do you struggle with most in your business? Getting my brand out there. As a start up I have a limited budget which makes it hard to be consistent with my advertising.
- How do you see your business growing in the next few years? Would you like to expand? If so, how? I would absolutely love to see my business grow in the future. Being able to spend more time on my business and less time working for someone else does sound amazing!
- Thanks again Sian, Any last words you would like to share with our readers? Thanks for your time and support in growing my new brand.
Want to WIN a Bubble and Bee Play Mat and Aster & Oak Clothing Bundle valued at $200?
HOW TO ENTER: Make sure you are following us on Social Media (we will be checking) and comment below why you would love to win this baby bundle! For extra entries, you can share and tag your friends on Facebook too. That’s it!
Bubble and Bee® baby play mats are designed and created by an Adelaide mum. These beautiful children’s play mats create a safe, stimulating space for babies to giggle, play, roll and explore. Stunning artistic pieces designed for children with rich colours and happy details that also make a beautiful addition to any home. Soft foam edges velcro into place around the edge of the washable fabric mat to create a frame for the stunning artistic design. Plus, they encourage your little roller to stay close to the friendly bunnies, ants, snakes, spiders, and snails! Find out more here – https://www.bubbleandbee.com.au
Its been a while since i updated this blog with a journal type entry, so here goes..
Summer 18, what a season it has been so far! We are not even into the warmer Summer months yet and we have sold out of so many sizes and styles from the collection! You guys are absolutely loving it, which brings pure joy to my heart. When creating each season, you never know if it will be hit or miss, but i think this season has honestly been your fave so far! You can view our new collection here – Into The Wild.
Only 2 days to go till Click Frenzy 2017 – Starting on Tuesday 14th November 2017 at 7PM (AEDT). We are so excited to be offering 20% off our entire store (including SALE items) for 24 hours only! To claim your discount all you need to do is add the coupon code FRENZY at checkout. See below for our other click frenzy deals!
Learning you’re pregnant is one of the most wonderful moments of your life and sharing the news with your partner means spreading positive and empowering energy between expecting parents. This also means some things are going to change in your life as you’ll have to become a much more responsible individual. Babies require lots of care and you basically need to create an entire new micro-system for them inside your own home. Designing and building a nursery is an important task that has to be done well, sensibly and in accordance with certain rules. If you too want your child to start its life in a natural, organic and non-toxic space, here is our ultimate Eco friendly nursery guide.
Have you been considering dressing your baby in pure organic cottons and wondering whether it’s worthwhile? After all, what difference does organic cotton really make? The answer may surprise you. Not only is organic cotton better for your baby, it’s also better for the environment and for farmers. Here’s our top reasons why organic cotton is best for your baby!
Aster & Oak has kicked off to a momentous start, and we hope you’ve enjoyed browsing our new website as much as we’ve enjoyed working on its development behind the scenes. We will soon have stock available of some truly gorgeous organic pieces that have all been road-tested and refined to perfection.
We’re parents ourselves so we understand the intricacies of dressing busy little people on the go which is truly reflected in our new collection. Brimming with the latest in style, each piece is adorned in a unique playful and whimsical pattern and most importantly is designed to be completely parent friendly (practical and easy to change little tooshies quickly!).